200th Blog PostPosted: October 10, 2011
Without the kind (and not so kind) comments from you, my readers I would never have reached this point as a blogger.
This post is dedicated to anyone who has ever read anything I’ve written here. I’m still surprised by the number of people who read what I write. Checking my statistics page is a surprisingly enjoyable experience. It’s nice to know I’m not talking to a brick wall!
I’ve written on average 4 blog posts a week for the last 2 years. And I’m not stopping yet!
I’ve learned a lot in that time…
1) Blogging is essential practice for any aspiring or current writer or journalist. It’s also great fun. Anyone can do it.
2) People enjoy reading controversial statements and unusual opinions
3) There are more people are reading your work then you realise…so be careful what you say!
4) You can’t please everyone all of the time
5) You don’t need to have a niche to be a blogger. But you do need to have an opinion. Otherwise it’s boring.
So what does the future hold? Hopefully better writing, better design and my own domain. (Goodbye WordPress, hello SamHailes.com ?) In terms of what I’ve been writing about, there are likely to be a few minor changes, but nothing drastic.
I want to start writing more about Israel, current affairs and “life lessons” – I really need to come up with a better name for that last one though!
It’s also time to start giving back and making things even more interactive. I’m hoping to give away at least one freebie to you blog readers soon, so stay tuned for that, and don’t say I never do anything for you all!!
I want to say a special hello and thank you to those of you who have only started reading my work recently. Here are my 3 posts picked at random that I’ve enjoyed writing over the last 3 years.
Finally, blogging was never supposed to be “all about me”, so don’t forget to check out my “better blogs” page!
Thank you for reading. Please carry on suggesting topics for me to blog about and let me know what you think of the video blogging idea. Adios!